Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall 2008

Peyton has learned how to climb up the stairs. She made it all the way to the top by herself, but of course mommy was close by. I tried to upload a video of her climbing the stairs, but it wasn't working, so look for that in the future.




Peyton tried a bannana for the first time here. Let's just say she was a sticky mess by the time that bannana was finished, but she did a good job eating it up.




Halloween! Miss Peyton was quite the cute little ladybug. She didn't mind keeping the costume on. When the costume was off of her she loved to laugh at it. She thought it was a very fun thing.






Peyton and Mom went to a Halloween party with their friend Ricki. Ricki's husband Richie left for Iraq the same time as Mitch. We hang out quite a bit and keep each other company. When Richie found out what I dressed up as for Halloween, he commented that there was no need for me to dress up. For those of you who know Richie, quite the typical comment and for you Richie, just wait till you get home!



My friend Ricki helped me take some fall pictures of Peyton. She was pretty cooperative, but got bored quickly as you can see. She was loving the pumpkins around her. She posed pretty adorably in this picture.



Peyton was soon bored with all the pictures. I can just imagine what she was thinking. "Oh Mom, not another pictures"
"Will this ever end?"


I was cleaning out underneath the stove and Peyton thought it would be so fun to pull out the pans. She loves the noises they made when she banged them together. She is such a curious little lady.



Play the video below.

This is Peyton just shortly after she discovered she can stand up.




Peyton loves to look out the back sliding glass door. She is slowly discovering the doggy door. I just hope she doesn't attempt to crawl through it. I told Ellie it was her job to guard the door and to not let Peyton escape. She just looked at me with little response.


Bye, Bye Daddy.

Mitch left for Iraq Friday the 5th of September 2008. Here is Daddy giving Peyton one last kiss goodbye. It was a rough day for me, but I was able to keep it together. Mitch had to check in at post by noon, but he didn't actually get on the bus for the airport until 4:00 that afternoon. It was a long four hours, but I was glad to have a bit more time to spend with him.





One last family picture. It was a gloomy day, but I guess that fit our moods.




The Sunday before Mitch left we went to take pictures in the park. Peyton was so cooperative and we were able to get many adorable pictures of her.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mogely!
So good to get caught up with how things are going for you.. you are a brave strong lady!! peyton is so adorable and I cant wait to see you guys at christmas!!! that picture saying goodbye to mitch.. made me cry for you... breaks my heart.. glad you have such an adorable busy kiddo to keep you extra busy! I'm calling you tomorrow to get caught up.. I miss and love you morg!

Unknown said...

Just a little teary at 6:30 a.m. after that goodbye picture...precious. My favorite is Peyton sprawled out on the pumpkins at the end of her portrait session. You both look great!

Camber said...

OH Morgan...she's so cute! The tears came too as I saw the picture of Mitch kissing he sweet little girl. Being a mom...I can't imagine that. Our prayers are with you and your family. We love you guys...and are very grateful for Mitch's service. I want to see you when you're home for Christmas too. WE'll be in town.

Russ and Erin said...

Hi Morgan and Peyton. Thank you for the wonderful pic's and video. she is so beautiful. We too had tears at the pic of Mitch kissing her. We have a couple of pkgs for Mitch we will mail on 11/12. Hope it will cheer him up. Morgan we are very proud of you and know how difficult this is, it will be wonderful in Jan. Take care we LOVE YOU and our Granddaughter.

Megan said...

Hey Morgan! I just wanted to say hi and that I love reading your updates. Cass showed me the pumpkins pics. You have a diva on your hands! I saw the Mitch and Peyton pic on mom's mantle. It made me cry. I pray for all of you every day! Keep your chin up champ!